Adaptory – press kit
A base-building exploration & survival game, combining multiple complex simulations with a diverse crew and story-rich world.
Adaptory is a 2D base-building/simulation game where your crew of four have crash landed on a mysterious planetoid deep in uncharted space. Using the planet’s limited resources and your creativity, you must keep your motley team alive, build up a base, repair your ship, and ultimately get home.
- Multiple element and chemistry simulations with more than 40 different materials
- Randomly generated events triggered by player exploration
- Pawns express themselves and their personalities
- Every world and pawn is procedurally generated
- Regular content updates
- For Windows and Mac
Adaptory started as a prototype in February 2021. Once a fun gameplay loop was identified, Stormcloak Games was founded in November 2021 to support full-time development of Adapatory as their first title.
The first playable Adaptory release was released to Patreons in April 2022, on itch.io in October 2022, and regular alpha updates have been released every two months for free on itch.io. These alpha updates will continue until shortly before the Early Access release on Steam.
Version 1.0 of Adaptory will be released on Steam and itch.io in 2024, with regular free content updates after release.
Adaptory and Stormcloak Games have been the recipient of the following grants and awards:
- NZ Film Commission Interactive Development Fund (2023)
- NZ Center of Digital Excellent (CODE) travel grants (2023)
Contact: Jevon Wright <email@example.com>
Last updated September 2023.