Adaptory – press kit
A base-building exploration & survival game, combining multiple complex simulations with a diverse crew and story-rich world.
Adaptory is a 2D base-building/simulation game where your crew of four have crash landed on a mysterious planetoid deep in uncharted space. Using the planet’s limited resources and your creativity, you must keep your motley team alive, explore your surroundings, build a thriving base, rebuild your ship, and ultimately get home.
- Multiple element and chemistry simulations with more than 40 different materials
- Randomly generated world events triggered by player exploration
- Explorers express themselves and their personalities with conversations and diary entries
- Every world and explorer is procedurally generated with hidden spaces to discover
- Players are limited to eight explorers, to encourage mastery and automation
- Regular free content updates on Steam and itch.io
- For Windows and Mac
Adaptory started as a prototype in February 2021. Once a fun gameplay loop was identified, Stormcloak Games was incorporated in November 2021 to support full-time development of Adaptory as their first title.
The first playable Adaptory release was released to Patreons in April 2022, and then on itch.io in October 2022. Regular alpha updates have since been released every two months for free on itch.io and most recently Alpha 7 in December 2023.
After being part of Steam Next Fest in February 2024, the team are now working hard on content and polish for an Early Access launch on Steam and itch.io in 2025. The studio will continue to release regular free content updates during Early Access.
Adaptory and Stormcloak Games have been the recipient of the following grants and awards:
- NZ Film Commission Interactive Development Fund (2023)
- NZ Center of Digital Excellence (CODE) travel grants (2023)
Contact: Jevon Wright <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Last updated February 2024.